Saturday, December 20, 2008

Almost Time!!

It's 11:08 and we are supposed to leave for the airport in 2 1/2 hours. We are all packed except for our computers. All three of us are so excited we just can't hide it!

Luke went to bed as usual at 8...only to get up at 8:30 and announce, "I had a short sleep, Mommy! I'm ready to go to Texas!" I sent him back to bed, and Jason let him get out of the bed an hour later. Since then, he has been up running around like a wild man, telling all about the different places we're going in order to get to Texas, telling what the pilots and copilots do, that flight attendants can either be men or women, that our planes have jet engines and not propellors... His energy level has not wavered in two hours of running around, playing, singing, talking to himself. I just hope when he bottoms out he does it gracefully.

It took me until today to get excited. I was still in denial that the time to go home had actually come. Today I packed, cleaned stuff up, organized, did some shopping, made a bunch of presents, and NOW I feel like it's actually real that I'm getting on a plane in 4 1/2 hours! I am excited for Christmas, excited to go shopping at TARGET (Oh, Target, I miss you!), and most of all, excited to see my excited family!!

Thanks for reading and counting down with me. I don't know if I'll post in between now and the time we return. We will have a pretty packed 10 days. But I will post sometime shortly after the New Year to give an update on our job fair plans and results. In the meantime, please pray for safe travels for us and others traveling at this time. Merry Christmas!