Friday, September 28, 2007

Big Boy

Luke started school last week! I can’t believe how big and grown-up he is. I took him for an hour and a half on the first day. He cried a lot when I dropped him off, and his teachers said that he was fussy off and on while I was gone. The next day was a little better, and I left him for two and a half hours. The third day I left him for four hours. This week was his first full week, going from 8:30-1:00. He still got upset when I dropped him off this week, but each day he was less upset and seemed more comfortable there when I picked him up. The teachers say that he’s cooperative and that he participates, which I’m happy about. I do try to spy on him a little bit when I pick him up, and I have seen him playing with the other kids a little bit. When I’m around, he just wants to play with me. (Who can blame him? J) The kids are really sweet to him, and I’ve seen a few trying to comfort Luke when I drop him off. It’s sweet to see. He does an art project every day, and he shows me his work with pride. When I ask him what he did at school each day, the standard response is “Played with balls and vacuumed. I slide in the garden.”

No comments: