Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Husband's an All Star!

So first of all, I have to brag! Jason has played softball with the AIS men's softball team the last 2 school years. This season he has hit several home runs, played short stop, and made some awesome plays (some of which I've gotten to see myself). Last weekend he was asked to be the team's representative to the league's all star game! I'm so proud of him!

That made me start to think of some other ways Jason is an All Star. Here are just a few (in no particular order):

  1. He is one of the most giving, unselfish people I know. He thinks of Luke and me before himself, and does it so well and without thinking that I take it for granted sometimes.
  2. We've dealt with a lot of difficult situations in our marriage that a lot of people don't get dealt over the course of a lifetime--and Jason has handled himself with such grace and integrity. He has been my rock and my best friend.
  3. He seeks God's will for our lives and is very firm in his belief that the Lord will lead, guide, and protect us.
  4. He's an amazing Daddy. He is so playful with Luke. They have such a great time wrestling, goofing around, and playing their special games. I love to watch them together. Jason has put together a playlist of fun music that Luke loves (it includes those songs he was dancing to in the videos and a few more) and it's a hoot to watch them boogie together.
  5. He balances me out and handles me very well--sometimes I am a real mess, and Jason is sensitive and compassionate when I am depressed, helps me get back on my feet when I've hit rock bottom, makes me laugh daily, and remains my best friend in all the world.
  6. He fully embraced me staying home with Luke the last three years, and has been so excited since I've returned to work, not just because of the two incomes, but because he gets to share AIS with me. I love going to work with him every day. Riding next to him on the school bus is second best only to the big hug I get from Luke when we get home in the afternoon. (Third would be Luke sending us out the door every morning with a "Have a great day, guys! See you this afternoon!")
I could go on and on...but it's time for me to quit for now.
I love you, Jason!

3 comments:

The Leonard Four said...

wat a great hubby and a great daddy! please tell him hello from us! :)

Rosemond said...

Awwww...y'all are so sweet! I think you are both all stars and that God has truly blessed you with one another.

The Leonard Four said...

TAG...you're it! See my blog for he details! :)