Friday, August 13, 2010

Summer time

We had a very busy summer living out of suitcases and traveling from place to place. Jason began his summer at a conference in New Mexico while Luke and I stayed in Texas. Then shortly after he returned, our whole family went to Hawaii. We had a great week there all together. (I will probably post some highlight pics later...they're already up on facebook.) The day after we returned from Hawaii, the three of us left for Wisconsin and Illinois. We spent time with Uncle Bob and Aunt Liz before going to Illinois to see Aunt Nancy and Uncle Victor, and then heading back to Wisconsin to go to the fair and visit Grandma and Jeremy. Then I flew home to be in Texas in time to visit with Noel and Rachella (Egypt friends), who were there for a conference. Jason and Luke drove home about a week later, and then we had about ten days before we came back to Caracas. When people asked how our summer was, I say, "Great, but not very relaxing." We were just on the go so much!! We did get to visit many of the people we had hoped to see, which is always fun, and we had lots of good times with Mimi and Granddad, Aunt Kari, Uncle Scott, Aunt Jenny, and Jackson! Here are a few photos from the END of the summer.




We are now back in Caracas. We love it here and are glad to be back. The beautiful weather is so wonderful. Right now our windows are open, we have a nice breeze in the house, and everything is quiet. We've been back at school officially since Tuesday, but Jason and I have been there every day since last Wednesday. Our classrooms are both just about finished and we're on to lesson planning and working with our teams.

A note about the blog: Several people have commented on how infrequently I've posted since we moved to Venezuela. When I started this blog three years ago, I was still a stay-at-home mom. Then the next year I taught art and only had four lessons a week to plan. Luke was still home, in preschool every morning. Last year I went back to teaching fifth grade full time, and Luke started kindergarten. My job is fun, intense, and exhausting. Luke has homework every night, and we all participate in after-school and evening activities. We love our schedules and our life here. I just do not have the time and energy to post as frequently as I used to. I am going to make more of an effort to post weekly, or at the very least, every other week, because I know there are many people who love to see photos of Luke and hear how we are doing. I appreciate the gentle nudges to write, but please understand that I'm doing the best I can do! :) If I fall off the face of the earth for a while, please forgive me. Thanks for reading, and thanks for understanding!

Love,
Katherine

No comments: