Friday, August 13, 2010

The Witch's Cackle

I have always loved The Wizard of Oz. Admittedly, I watched a lot of it peeking through the holes of an afghan when the witch was on, and I think much of my fear of tornadoes stems from that movie... but still, I love it! We had a really sweet moment as a little family last spring when we watched The Wizard of Oz with Luke. He was fascinated. He loved it, laughed at all the right parts and was a little scared in all the right parts.

Sometime after we watched the movie the first time, I told Luke that Mimi could cackle JUST like the Wicked Witch. Not only that, but she has played the Wicked Witch before in the play! We called Mimi on Skype so Luke could ask her to cackle for him. She did it, and he was so impressed! Mimi promised Luke that she would show him her wicked witch nose and chin this summer when we got home. He did not forget that promise!

So, here are a few shots of Luke and Mimi trying on the witch nose and chin.



Doesn't Luke have the world's greatest (and most talented) Mimi?!? By the way, on the very same day, the two of them went outside and collected bugs in a bug house she had bought for him, too. The next morning the first thing he said to me was, "Mama, isn't it amazing that Mimi and I caught that beetle last night!?"

I know we miss out on a lot of the "normal" time lots of kids get with their grandparents, but I am so grateful for this kind of time he gets with Mom and Dad. Most kids don't get that the way he does. Thank you, Mom and Daddy! We all love you! Even if Mom is a witch... ;) AAAeehh-hah-hah-hah!*

*That was my best attempt at transcribing the witch cackle!

1 comment:

Solid said...

That movie is kind of scary. Not Willy Wonka scary, but scary.