Thursday, February 28, 2008

New Home

Our new home is finally feeling like a home. Granted, the tile is hideous, the furniture's not ours, and some of (well, most of) the decor is pretty outlandish (I'll post pictures here later of our bedroom furniture, which is straight out of the 80's, I think), but slowly we're making it ours.

Here's Luke's bedroom. It has a pretty good-sized closet, which more like a floor-to-ceiling wardrobe with sliding doors, and on the wall opposite his bed I've strung clothesline and hung his art projects from school. (His school is amazing--each day he comes home with a new, good-quality art project. Makes for good room decor!)

This is my "studio" where I work on my scrapbooks and other art projects. I bought a bulletin board and turned it into a sort of French memo board by sewing ribbons to construction paper and then stapling the whole thing to the bulletin board. Too much time on my hands.

This is the front of the house. Noel and Rachella have the bottom floor and we're on the floor right above, with the yellow shutters. Our landlord lives above us, and another teacher from AIS has the top floor.

This is the garden area which is very well kept - a yard guy rakes the dirt every day and sweeps up all the leaves. Luke is probably getting a tricycle for his birthday so he can ride it around the house.

More pictures will follow as I get time to upload and post them.

No comments: