Sunday, November 23, 2008

Plans

"I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Here are our short- and long-term plans, for those who are curious:

Tonight: watch TV, go to bed early. :)

This week: survive till Thursday night, when our life group from church is coming over for a pot-luck at our house. (What was I thinking? I am the only working (outside the home) woman in the group and I volunteered my house?)

Thanksgiving: We are celebrating Thanksgiving on Friday with the Simons. It's an all-day program. Breakfast at their house, dinner at ours. We've divvied up the food and we're all excited to gorge ourselves! We have a TWENTY POUND turkey. Jason can't wait to cook it. I can't wait to use the pecans I got for my birthday (and have been hoarding in the freezer) to make delicious pecan pie!! We already have a lineup of movies to watch as we laze around on the couches after dinner. Yipee! I love turkey day! The only thing that would improve it would be FAMILY and FOOTBALL.

Week off in December: We have the week of the 7th-13th off in December. We had plans to travel, but have decided to stay in Cairo instead. Luke has asked to go to the pyramids again, so we will probably do that. We may do some other Cairo things we haven't done yet, too.

Christmas: We will only be home for ten days. We're going to try to make it to all our traditional Christmas activities, but then I plan to be really devoted to family time. I want to see everyone I can, but the reality is that those ten days are going to go way too fast, and I want my family to spend as much time with Luke as they want to during that time. I hope our friends will understand if we don't get to see everyone. You all mean so much to us, and we appreciate those of you who read and keep up with us through this blog, our facebook pages, and email. We hope you won't be disappointed if we miss you this trip.

January: There is a job fair for international teachers in Bangkok. We plan to go to that and see what jobs are out there. We are not sure yet that it is time for us to leave Egypt, nor are we sure we should stay another year. We are trying to do our part to follow God's leading. We're keeping our options open and having faith that we will know what the right choice will be when the time comes. We will keep you posted on what happens as it happens.

So, as you can see, the next few months hold lots of exciting and wonderful plans for us. Please pray with us that God will show us His plan, and that we will be ready to jump on board and be a part of it.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

thanks for the clocks!!

Rosemond said...

Soak up all the time with your family that you can!!! (But if Luke needs a break to play with little people, you know who to call!)