Saturday, March 7, 2009

A bunch of misc. pictures

Here are some more photos of Luke and his new bat. He loves this bat! He plays with it as a bat a lot, but it also serves as a stick shift, Elmer Fudd's gun, a shovel, and a lot of other things. I HAVE to try to capture his Elmer Fudd routine, but it is difficult to catch him when he's not self conscious about performing it!

We went up to the ball field early one Friday morning to play for a while before Jason's early softball game. We went out on the field so Luke could bat and run the bases. The haze you see in these pictures is not fog. It's a combo of pollution and sand. Ick.


Practicing his shortstop stance like Daddy:Playing on the playground while Daddy plays his game:


Oh, and we went to Jared's before the game for bagels. This kid loves his sesame bagel with cream cheese! (Just like Daddy's!)

Here are some recent pictures of my art room. It's a really happy place to be right now. I love the artwork the kids have produced that is on display right now. The third graders have some neat texture projects up, the fourth graders have done optical illusions, and the fifth graders worked for about six weeks on these masks. They are so proud of them. Some of them really did a super job.

I have sent home very little student artwork yet this year. We're saving it all so that we can go through it, have students select their best work, and display it for an art show I'm holding at the beginning of April. It will be during parent/teacher conferences, so parents will already be in the building anyway. I am going to turn the hallways into a gallery and invite parents to the art room for cookies and to see the student work on display there, too. I'm pretty excited about it, and the kids are too! (Thanks North Ridge Elem. for the idea! :) )

Life here has been pretty normal lately. There has not been much going on since the trip to the farm, which is why I haven't really posted anything. That, and I'm lazy. (!) Jason's got IB exams coming up soon, with his mock exams the week after we get back from spring break. He's been doing a great job, and his kids think the world of him, as usual. School here for me has been normal too - a lot of the same February blahs and "I can't wait till spring break" that teachers at home get, too! It's not any different. This week is spring break. We're not going anywhere, and we are all looking forward to hanging out together and doing family things. Luke still has school, and I am excited to be able to take him and pick him up each day. Mom and Kari will be here next week (!!!!!!!!!!!!), and Luke's b-day is the 26th. He will be FOUR! I can't believe it. Time really goes by so quickly. We are going to celebrate early with Mom and Kari with a pirate party.

I guess that is about it. Seriously, not much to tell or show lately. I will finish off with a few sweet pictures. This one Jason took last weekend. Luke fell asleep watching Sesame Street Old School with me. We napped like this for a few hours. It was so wonderful. I love this snuggle time, and savor every minute of it!
Today Jason took Luke back to the wadi (that dry riverbed/canyon we hiked in last year) to play. They climbed some, but spent most of their time throwing rocks. There was a dust storm while they were out there, and they both came home a mess.



Check out this face:

Jason did a great job showering Luke off, but I'm still finding little patches of dirt on his face! I love having a boy. :)

3 comments:

Kiki said...

I love having boys, too! Miss you guys! The art room looks like fun.

jrodges said...

Thanks for showing your art room ;).
Love all the art work you have up. I think that it is interesting that your chalkboard and white marker board are mounted vertically instead of horizontally :).
Luke is such a cutie, especially with a full day of play all over his face ;).

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

I'm sensing a just-like-Daddy theme with your boy. ;-) He's a cutie.

Oh, and I'm totally laughing at how scared that cat-like mask looks of the demonish mask hanging next to it. Great placement!